Tuesday, March 24, 2015

St. Patrick's Day

This past Tuesday was St. Patrick's Day. In my family, we go all out for the holiday. We're even visited by the leprechaun who decorates our house in Irish-themed favors and even leaves us a small present or two.

The Leprechaun really outdid himself this year.

There's always an excuse for cake. 

For lunch, I went to Slainte's Irish Pub to try some Irish food and drink.

A Pickle Back. It consists of Jameson Whisky and Pickle Juice. Strangely, it's a good combination.

Poutine: Fries topped with cheese and Guinness Gravy

Country Style Steak with Guinness Gravy.

That night, I went to Duffer's Bar and Grill. They were having an Irish night with live music and food.   

Beef and Guinness Stew with Mashed Potatoes.

I had a lot of fun on St. Patrick's Day. An old Irish saying is: The Proof of the Pudding is in the eating. With great food and music, I think there's plenty of proof that we did just that. I hope everyone else had a great day as well.

~A.E. Keener

No comments:

Post a Comment